- The Carrara Herbal – Sarah Kyle’s Pandora’s box
- Scientific Illustrations in the Freshwater Biological Association Collections
- Deadline 6 July: Funded PhD opportunity on Hans Sloane’s Books
- New Book by Florike Egmond: Eye for Detail
- Alex Seltzer on Catesby
- Networking with the Fabrica
- Notes and Records – Essay Prize – deadline 31-01-16
- 2 PhDs @ Leiden in Ichthyology
- Two Post-doctoral posts in the graphic and pictorial practices of the early Royal Society
- Call for proposals: Art and Science in the Early Modern Low Countries @Rijksmuseum and Trippenhuis
- 1683 1688 1691 1692 1695 1700 1703 1711 Abraham Blooteling Alexander Pitfield antiquarian object beetle Benjamin Allen Benjamin Walford Bird of paradise Botany British Library British Museum calcareous plates Carl Linnaeus Claude Perrault colour conference Conrad Gessner crinoid fossils Curiously Drawn drawings Edmond Halley Edward Lhwyd Edward Tyson Felix Platter Florike Egmond Francis Aston Francis Barlow Francisco Hernández Francis Lodwick Francis Willughby Hans Sloane Henry Hunt history of the book insects Inventories James Cuninghame James Petiver Johannes Swammerdam John Hoskins John Mapletoft John Ray John Woodward Joseph Moxon Leonard Plukenet Mark Catesby Martin Lister Michael Burghers natural history Natural History Museum Paper Tools Philosophical Transactions Richard Waller Robert Boyle Robert Hooke Robert Morison Robert Plot Robert White Royal College of Physicians Royal Society sea lily Sir Hans Sloane Thomas Molyneux Thomas Sprat Ulisse Aldrovandi Visual Culture William Faithorne William Lodge William Sonmans
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
This entry was posted in Commentary on Images, cost of image production and tagged Abraham Blooteling, Basilius Besler, Charles Hatton, Christopher Hatton, David Gregory, Francis Barlow, Frederick Hendrick van Hove, Hubert van Otteren, Jacob Bobart, John Fell, John Hall, John Keill, Michael Burghers, Obadiah Walker, Oxford University Press, Paolo Boccone, Paul and Isaac Vaillant, Philosophical Transactions, Robert Morison, Robert White, Royal College of Physicians, Society of Apothecaries, Thomas Hyde, William Dale, William Faithorne, William Sonmans. Bookmark the permalink.